Client Spotlight: Just Take the Damn Pictures

Sometimes you don't need to wait for some big milestone to decide it's time to do something for yourself.

Sometimes you just finally feel comfortable in your body and think, okay, I'm ready. Let's do this.

That was this client's starting point.

She had been thinking about taking the leap, she'd seen the women I've photographed, and she loved the images she was seeing. But there was still one thing holding her back.

She was worried she was going to be awkward.

Walking into the studio, she was nervous. But apparently, I only had about two minutes to work with that nervousness because once she settled in, those feelings disappeared pretty quickly.

She described the studio as comfortable, super chill, and laid back. And apparently I'm pretty chill too, which I'll happily take as a compliment.

Then we started shooting.

What surprised her the most wasn't how she looked.

It was how comfortable she felt.

No awkwardness. No spending the whole session wondering if she was doing it right. Just getting into it, having fun, and getting that instant feedback along the way.

And then I showed her the first images.

That was the moment.

"Yessss after she showed me the first pics we took."

There's something about seeing that first image and realizing, wait... THAT'S me?

The woman who walked into the studio worried she was going to be awkward was suddenly seeing herself completely differently.

And I love that her signature half-green, half-black hair made its way into the session, because it is unapologetically her. No changing who she is. No waiting until she looks different.

Just her, exactly as she is, finally seeing what everyone else can see.


When I asked what she'd tell another woman who is nervous about booking, her answer was simple:

"Just do it! I swear those feelings will go away!"

And for the woman who thinks she needs to lose weight, change something, or wait until she's ready?

Absolutely not.

"You're gorgeous just the way you are, and taking the pics is very empowering."

I couldn't agree more.

Sometimes you don't need to change a damn thing.

You just need to take the pictures.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Client Spotlight: Seeing Herself Through Her Own Eyes

Client Spotlight: Reclaiming Confidence, One Frame at a Time

Client Spotlight: Three Sessions Later… and Still Raising the Bar