Client Spotlight: “Whoa... That’s Me”
Sometimes the women who walk through my studio doors with the most nerves are the ones who end up surprising themselves the most.
This beautiful mama came into her boudoir session nervous about being photographed, especially when it came to her body after having two kids. She wasn't sure she was ready to put herself in front of the camera.
But she decided to do it anyway.
And I'm so glad she did.
From the beginning, I wanted her to know that there was absolutely nothing she needed to fix before stepping in front of my camera. She didn't need to lose weight, change her body, or become some different version of herself first.
She just needed to see what I was already seeing.
She told me that my words of encouragement and reminders to embrace herself helped her move forward with her session. And while she walked into the studio nervous but excited, it didn't take long for her to settle in.
She loved the vibe of the studio, we laughed, we told stories, and before long, she was feeling comfortable and having fun.
And then came one of my favorite moments.
She saw the back of my camera.
Her reaction?
“Whoa... that’s me.”
YES.
That moment right there is why I do this.
Because so many women walk into my studio convinced they're going to see everything they don't like about themselves. They expect me to somehow hide their bodies or Photoshop them into someone they're not.
But that's not what I'm here to do.
I'm here to show you what happens when you stop picking yourself apart long enough to actually see yourself.
She said her session was so much more than she expected, and her favorite part of the entire experience was the laughs and stories we shared along the way.
Honestly, that's one of my favorite parts too.
Yes, we're taking beautiful, sexy photographs. But we're also hanging out, laughing, talking about life, and creating an experience that is completely about YOU.
When I asked what she'd tell another woman who is nervous about booking, she said:
“They are beautiful no matter what and to embrace what the good Lord gave them.”
And if you're the woman saying, “I'm not ready yet. I need to lose weight first,” she has something to say to you too:
“You are perfect the way you are and nothing is wrong with you.”
Girl, listen to her.
You don't have to wait until your body looks different to celebrate it.
You don't have to become smaller to deserve beautiful photographs.
And you definitely don't have to be confident before you book a boudoir session.
Sometimes you just need to be brave enough to show up.
I'll take care of the rest. ❤️
Thank you for trusting me, letting your guard down, and allowing me to show you the woman I saw from the very beginning.
And yes... that really is you.



Comments
Post a Comment